The New York Times published an investigation of Trump’s taxes and financial situation, finding that…
- The president has a personal liability of hundreds of millions of dollars due within four years and no way to pay it. This has actually been reported previously, leading some to speculate that the NYT likely has more details to release in the future. In fact, a NYT journalist has said there is more to come.
- There is likely evidence of fraud to overvalue his properties on loan applications and undervalue his properties/worth for tax purposes. For instance, the IRS is investigating a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. Additionally: “In 2018, for example, Mr. Trump announced in his disclosure that he had made at least $434.9 million. The tax records deliver a very different portrait of his bottom line: $47.4 million in losses.”
- Trump paid no federal income taxes for over a decade. In 2017, the first year of his presidency, Trump only paid $750 in federal income tax. Michael Cohen responded by pointing out a passage in his book in which Trump allegedly boasted about how “stupid” the IRS was for giving him a tax refund.
- Ivanka Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622 – the exact sum her father claimed as a tax deduction for unnamed consultants. This scheme reduced the Trump tax bill and was likely illegal.
Time Travel to 2016
A little history, this clip from 2016:
Hillary: Why won’t he release his tax returns?
- He’s not as rich as he says
- Not as charitable as he claims
- He owes $650M to Wall St & foreign banks
- He doesn’t want the American people to know he’s paid nothing in federal taxes
Trump: “That makes me smart.”
Any Hints on Who Trump Owes?
Luckily, Trump’s sons are much more idiotic than even him, it’s not exactly a secret where this money is coming from:
“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” – Donald Trump Jr. 2008
“Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.‘ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’”” – Eric Trump 2014
The New York Times reports the former deputy attorney general instructed Special Counsel Robert Mueller not to investigate Donald Trump’s personal and financial ties to Russia
More to Come
The ultimate question to be answered: Who does Trump owe the hundreds of millions of dollars coming due soon? If we can get a solid answer that will be huge. Obviously, anyone with a brain can see the answer (coughRussianscough) but publishing the proof would be significant to say the least.